From 19th July 2021
In light of the rules regarding social distancing and mask wearing etc changing nationally from 19th July, we thought it would be useful to clarify the position for our practice.
We have been advised by NHS England and Sunderland CCG that the infection prevention and control guidance has not changed despite the government announcements and, until they inform us otherwise, the practice will continue to request patients to wear masks, maintain social distancing measures and use hand sanitisers when on practice premises.
Key Messages are:
- You must wear a facemask when entering hospitals, GP practices and other healthcare settings
- Please attend all GP and hospital appointments alone where possible
- Please regularly wash your hands and sanitise using gel
- Please maintain a social distance in all healthcare settings
- Please get the COVID-19 vaccine ASAP
- Please stay at home if you suspect you have COVID-19. Call 119 or visit www.nhs.uk for a PCR test.